Bochum share the points with Karlsruher.

Neither side could find the winner in this eagerly anticipated Friday night match .

Neither side could find the winner in this eagerly anticipated Friday night match.

In the most eagerly anticipated Friday night match, neither side could find a winner and in the end they both settled for the one point each. Both sides remain unbeaten so far this season, however Bochum lost ground on Ingolstadt who ran out 4-1 winners against Aalen to claim top spot.

In the first minute Bochum’s Timo Perthel fired an early warning sign towards Karlsruher’s goal, his effort from range flew just wide. A few minutes later Karlsruher responded to some early Bochum pressure and Manuel Torres was at the heart of the response, after playing a lovely one-two with Philipp Klingmann, Torres’ pass across goal somehow found it’s way past everyone.

In the 19th minute Karlsruher found a breakthrough, good movement from Iliyan Mitsanski saw him drag three defenders towards him before releasing Dennis Kempe down the left, the left back produced a great cross and Manuel Torres was able to lose his marker and head past Michael Esser.

Mitsanksi and Torres caused plenty of problems for the Bochum defence and sadly for the away side they couldn’t improve on their lead when two promising moves saw crosses miss their targets. For the hosts Marco Terrazzino managed to test Dirk Orlishausen, his shot from the left forced the Karlsruher keeper to palm the shot away.

A collision between Reinhold Yabo, Patrick Fabian and Anthony Losilla saw the game stopped for a while. Yabo took a heavy hit in the Bochum sandwich and after going off for treatment he was able to continue. Despite continuing Fabian was soon forced forced off just before the break and he was replaced by Malcom Cacutalua.

One of the last bits of action saw Yabo play the ball out wide to Klingmann, the right backs deep cross lofted over Esser and Mitsanski was unable to direct the ball in, his shot struck the side netting.

Half Time: VfL Bochum 0-1 Karlsruher SC.

After the collision in the first half Yabo was forced off during the break and his replacement was Dimitrij Nazarov. Karlsruher should’ve doubled their lead when Mitsanski picked up the ball from Esser’s goal kick and slipped the ball to Nazarov, the substitute failed to make the most of his chance and fired straight at Esser.

Just past the hour mark Bochum got themselves level, Simon Terodde’s cross from the left was blocked, however the blocked cross fell back to him, this time he laid the ball off to Danny Latza, who’s shot saw an unmarked Yusuke Tasaka tap in at the back post.

Karlsruher struggled to find momentum after Bochum’s equaliser, however they came close when Torres’ cross in from the right deflected up for Mitsanski and unfortunately for the striker he could only hook his shot wide. Terodde had a quite game, but he was once again the provider for another chance, this time he pulled the ball back to find Mikael Forssell, the Finnish striker fluffed his shot but fortunately it fell to Michael Gregoritsch, however he could only fire straight at Orlihausen. Late on the ball was flicked on by the head of Koen van der Biezen, but Torres could only fire over the bar.

Full Time: VfL Bochum 1-1 Karlsruher SC.

Article for VAVEL.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s